Horses Make Miracles has openings for volunteers in many areas and would love to hear from you and discuss your opportunities. Our volunteers come from surrounding areas in Boulder, Weld, Adams, Broomfield and Jefferson Counties and help out in many diversified capacities.
Volunteers represent the back bone of the Horses Make Miracles programs and are the reasons for our growth and success!
No experience is necessary – we will provide complete training. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age or older and willing to commit to at least two hours per week during the same time frame.
- Volunteer Teaching Assistants are responsible for assisting participants during classes. In many cases, an extra set of eyes is needed for safety during group sessions.
- The Horse Handler (horse leader) is in charge of the horse being used in the therapy lesson and is aware of the needs of the rider, therapist or instructor and of any potential hazard in or around the arena. The horse leader keeps the horse moving at the pace and in the direction outlined by the instructor’s lesson plans.
- The Side-Walker assists the rider alongside the horse encouraging directions from the instructor, ensuring the rider’s balance, promoting safety and helping to complete tasks and activities for the client’s particular lesson plan.
- Horses Make Miracles Facilities staff members volunteer during a specific shift on a weekly basis (1-2 hours) taking responsibility for the care and feeding of our beloved herd of therapy horses. This creates a wonderful opportunity to learn barn management skills, bond with the horses (they LOVE the folks who feed them) and get plenty of fresh air and exercise.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Special Projects and events
- Public Relations / Community Outreach
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Maintenance
- Office Work
- Grant Writing
- Photography / Video
- Grounds Keeping
Please contact Horses Make Miracles for any additional information about volunteering or to set up an appointment for a tour, an orientation of our facility and initial interview.